Friday, August 7, 2015

'One Life' is a short story written by my son Abhijit Rajan

One life!


A sperm entering ovum gives form to a life after a long battle. Is it basically a combination of two life? One of the sperm and the other the ovum. A part of the experience that the man has had in his life would be basically contained in the sperm that has been passed to the new born life. Similarly a part of the experience that the woman has had in her life is contained in the ovum is passed to the new born.
What would two life experience create an effect in the child's life?

Why would everyone live the same life if so? Why is experimentation with one's life not taught at school or college , not even by the parents?

I live a similar life where i basically get up everyday go to work and come back. My morning starts late as an IT employee's usually is. 

Act busy: As soon as an IT employee gets up the "Acting busy" schedule starts. Rush to the bathroom , brush - poop - bath then to office. His 1 hour morning life is so busy that he forgets to enjoy the sun , listen to morning raga played in the opp flat by an old couple. He doesn't care about those as he is late for his usual meeting to waste time on discussing about how to create money for others.
Why would you create money for others so that you would earn 2% of that every month? 

Rules of Life:Tanker lorry passes by for providing daily water as i walked past a tea stall on my way to office. We built civilization to live in harmony where we can survive and make mankind safe from other beings. Later a leader was appointed to lead the civilization which grew to group of people who made a word called RULES and created a certain way of life to lead. The words RULES and DISCIPLINE became a part of mankind's life What if we break these rules? The rules gave birth to a trade system where if you wanted something that was actually free you had to pay for it. Like this water, it is every right for mankind to take it for free but he doesn't. He feels safe in this life filled with rules.

Prison break to a larger one: As i watched the inverted water can, i can see the air bubbles rushing upwards to escape from the surrounding water. Seems like the bubble feels claustrophobic to the water. My mind wondered as to why is the air trying to go up? A stupid reasoning for people who try to find science in everything , people who enjoy non logic based bollywood movies. My reasons try to find logic of its own, the bubble doesn't know as to why or where its trying to go. Its just escaping the nearest place that is accessible but does it know that after escaping from the claustrophobic environment of water it going into a prison of another air molecules who are stuck inside there until the Water Can is emptied. How is our life so different? The time from when we left college where we taught that what the society would do and enjoy. if society does Engineering and MBBS then i would do that, as society is happy with that i would basically be happy in that. Once i entered in that life i felt claustrophobic so much that i wanted to escape it somehow. How can i spend all my life in with just a computer to look into. The computer has became a bigger part of my life than my wife or children. As i tried to escape it i found that others who has escaped the same trauma has been cornered in the Can of society. Wherever i went an event the society would ask me what i was doing and when i said that i am living my life then society would look at my life and compare with theirs. Basically, i would be moved from the center of the Society Square to the Dark Corners where Society would rarely look. The fear of that LOOK would make my loved ones go into Cancerous Mode where all that would follow is disease, sadness and poverty that would end into a larger prison. Instead of bigger prison the smaller prison would make me better and i would go back to a new can filled with Society and no air. Another life in front of a computer.

The Power of Despised Person: As i wait for my appraisal letter i would see despise on the faces of ones who got the letter before me. Cursing the so called "Future Decider" who has the control of how miserable your life should be. How many people would have cursed him and still why is GOD so good on him? Is there a GOD or is he the GOD? I always wondered as to when i would  have that control and how would i behave in such a situation. I have always been on the receiving end so i would not know. Man or animal , the path and emotions of our life is always on the hands of others from the time of birth. Deciding to travel in an auto with just 100rs in hand and your dinner is waiting for you just for the cost of 30rs. Suddenly all the auto drivers decide to go no less than 80rs. You would agree and your dinner would be settled to something that you would get for 20rs and you would despise the auto driver. Voted for government for better roads near my house and increase the minimum salary limit for the tax and other false promises and finally in my mind i taught that what different did this government do different that the previous government did. I was called inside and the manager told me , You have really worked harder compared to the previous year but your learning over this year has decreased and so you haven't show any progress and you haven't done anything INNOVATIVE. I came out of the room cursing him like everyone else and still waiting for that POWER.

Finally, The Deep Bond of Adjustment Department:

I came home with fake smile and my wife would receive me with another fake smile. I have never really understood the life of togetherness. I really don't like the food that my wife makes but still i eat it. I would have rather had the street food than that but i would not want to do that as it would make my wife sad who has prepared the food with such great love, that's what i think it would be. I would rather think if my colleague was my wife then i would be really happy as she makes good food ,really really delicious. I liked my colleague very much I share all my feelings with her and she really understood what i wanted. I don't know if its because i spend more time with her in my daily life than with my wife and that may be cause of all the divorces but i felt good being with her and the thought of Divorce has really passed my mind. Really, How can a person be with same person the rest of the life? I felt deep inside that the colleague was the one who should be my wife and i knew that she had the same feelings for me too. When i was watching TV the wife would come and ask how the work was and i had no interest in sharing my feelings of bad appraisal with her as there is nothing that she can do to make it better. I would say that it was good and i returned back to the TV. And she came to know that i was least interested. She called me again distracting me from my TV session and with my irritation level at its peak i asked her, what?! . She said that she wanted to tell me a story for which i agreed. She said "Once there was a bird who was injured on a roadside and I saw the poor thing and took it home, nursed it and gave it food. I took great care of it day and night watched it like it was my own baby. I used to talk to the bird day and night. I had once failed in the exam and cried and i was scared to tell my parents and i told my bird regarding my fear about what my parents would think of me. My dad overheard the conversation as at once knew that I was scared to share my results with them and he came to me and said that it was just an exam and that he would help me in explaining the difficult topics and the love for my bird grew a lot as he was my savior in a way. One day, one particular day , i had gone to take bath and lost my ring. I did not know where i kept it last and i asked my parents and grandparents and they did not know where it went and they started to scream at me and i felt so bad that night that i literally spent all night with my bird. The next day, when my mom was cleaning the cage she saw something glowing in the bottom of it. Instantly she came to know that it was my ring and i hadn't lost it somewhere. She called me and said where she found it and i had recalled that i had kept it near the cage before taking bath. I was very happy to get it and i looked at my bird and a mixed feeling came over me. It transformed from happiness to a different emotion . An emotion of betrayal came all over me and without a second thought i took the bird and killed it instantly, because of its glow he was attracted towards and he took it and hid it at the bottom. Even after i shared my feelings to him he didn't even bother to give it back!! I loved him very much but still the feeling of betraying my trust was more intense than my love for the bird and i had punished it then and there." 
I stared at her for a few seconds , she didn't blink even for a second. She knew about my love for my colleague. She kissed me and said, "Goodnight, sweet heart!!"


My Life!!! One Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment